We’re finally into December 2022, so Christmas is just around the corner. For many, this means reuniting with friends and family for the holidays.
If you’re new to smoking, then there is a good chance you won’t know how to safely and effectively vape in a social setting. Naturally, you don’t want your device to cause an issue, so a brush-up on vape etiquette is a good idea.
With that being said, we’ll be looking at some of the things you should keep in mind when smoking. It’ll make a big difference to your experience, so let’s get it right!
So, let’s assume for a minute that you’re a brand-new vape user. You’ve never tried to use your device in a social setting before. Here are a few essential points you should know about:
- Don’t smoke indoors! Not everybody likes the smell or the vapour. Always take it outside to vape – you’ll be glad you did.
- Try to bring a neutral or simple flavour with you. It doesn’t have to be big and bold, just pleasant if the aroma clings to your clothing.
- Always ask for the best place to vape. If you’re a guest in someone’s home, then showing them a bit of respect goes a long way.
Vape users often encounter a trial by fire regarding their devices and Christmas. There are lots of older relatives who might not understand why you vape, and dealing with them can be tricky. Let’s look at a few things you can do:
- Try not to argue with people about your device. There is a time and a place for discourse about vaping – the dinner table on Christmas Day is not the right time or place.
- Be respectful of other people’s opinions. Try to remember that it is not your job to change their minds or to make them understand. They should do their research if they aren’t sure.
- If the conversation becomes too intense, gently bring it down and remind the other person that this isn’t the right setting for a debate. Most people won’t push the matter further in polite company.
As a vape user, you might be met with unpleasant or sarcastic remarks from people who don’t understand the benefits of the device. If this happens, try to rise above and ignore it. If you engage with the bait, you’ll likely cause a fight.
Vaping over Christmas is about being polite and respectful, as you’re an ambassador for the community and our industry. We’ve all had to deal with older relatives or friends who disagree with vaping and want to argue with you. Your job is to be discreet and polite throughout – arguing will solve nothing.
If you need supplies for the holiday period, we can help. Infinite Vapour has a range of kits, mods, accessories, liquids and plenty of other goodies. There’s something in the collection for everyone, so take a look.